Influencing & Persuading Skills
"Communicate assertively & embrace the power of persuasion to improve relations"
Who Should Attend:
A practical and interactive one-day workshop, the course is designed for people who communicate daily with internal and external customers – includes staff at any level such as technical support, customer service, administration, client facing, etc.
The aim of this workshop is to help staff gain an insight into the power of persuasion and become more effective in their ability to influence others to take action in a positive manner. Participants will learn the tools needed to communicate effectively and assertively, presenting information and in a clear and collaborative manner. They will also learn to understand bias, overcome objections, work with different personalities and gain commitment in order to build valuable working relations.
After completing the workshop, each participant will be able to:
- Apply highly developed communications skills and create better relations
- Embrace the power of persuasion rather than coercion to influence others
- Be aware of the barriers to communication and how to overcome them
- Identify different personality styles and how best to work with each
- Understand the basis of decision making in order to be more persuasive
- Respect how other people’s beliefs, values and attitudes can influence behaviour
- Explore bias to gain other people’s perspective and gain greater self-awareness
- Apply the right attitude, build confidence and great rapport with other people
- Mirror other people to get on their side and make the connection
- Learn to really listen to customers and ask questions to understand what they really need
- Talk to customers in their own language - know what to say and how to say it
- Develop the skills of persuasion and work through every objection
- Be assertive and show discretion, when helping others to make the right decision
- The essence of professional communications in the art of persuasion
- Barriers to both verbal and non-verbal communication
- The difference between manipulation and persuasion
- Identify your own personality type and how best to adapt to others
- The keys steps to build rapport and develop better relationships
- Gain greater self-awareness and mutual understanding using the Johari window
- Factors to consider in the decision-making process
- Know your audience, apply the right attitude and build trust with your colleague
- Essential and active listening skills and the importance of showing empathy
- Understand the customer’s needs - ask the right questions and lead the conversation
- Employ the six principles of persuasion for better outcomes
- Assertive behaviour – the appropriate behaviour to adopt even under pressure
- Overcome bias and the other persons perspective for better relations
The training will take the form of a one–day workshop, with group discussions, exercises and feedback based on individual/group needs. Each participant will receive a workshop manual.