Successful Communications Skills - Online Training
"Communicate assertively & confidently to improve working relations"
The aim of this virtual online workshop is to help participants develop the skills to communicate effectively using verbal and non-verbal communications for improved working relations. Participants will learn how to present in a professional and competent manner, whilst ensuring information is provided in a clear and interesting way. They will gain an insight into active listening skills, skilful questions and in providing feedback in a constructive way. They will also learn to identify and work with different styles of communication in order to influence others.
Who Should Attend:
A practical and interactive online workshop, the course is designed for people who communicate daily with internal and external customers by telephone, video conference or face to face – includes staff at any level such as technical support, customer service, administration, client facing, etc.
After completing the workshop, each participant will be able to:
- Choose the appropriatcommunications tools for interacting with customers
- Identify barriers to communication & apply highly developed skills to improve working relations
- Embrace the power of body language & create a powerful presence
- Learn to really listen to customers, get on their side & make a connection
- Talk to customers in their own language - know what to say and how to say it
- Be assertive in asking the right questions and in relying feedback
- Identify a personal communication style and how best to adapt to others
- Recognise other people’s communication styles and work effectively with each
- Apply adaptable skills to deal with difficult situations in a confident and competent manner
- The essence of professional communications to build confidence & trust with customers
- Overcome barriers of communication & choose the right option (verbal & non-verbal)
- Create great first impressions, portray the right attitude and talk in the customers language
- The power of body language to create a powerful presence and influence customers
- Tone of voice – it’s not what we say, it’s how we say it
- Embrace active listening skills and ask the right questions to meet expectations
- Be assertive – the appropriate behaviour to adopt even under pressure
- Discover your own communication styles & how to interact with others
- Observe other people’s communication styles & develop better relations with others
Training is delivered online over two live classroom sessions (2 to 2.5 hours each) with discussions, exercises and break-out rooms using Zoom. Participants will be required to switch on their laptop video camera and microphone. All our online courses use a blend of online resources, virtual classroom and social learning. Up to 10 people can be included in online training courses.
This online training module can be part of a larger programme. It can be teamed with other topics (ie customer service, sales or business writing) so training is extended over a longer period. For some of these longer programmes, there will be group discussions, exercises & feedback based on individual/group needs. Each participant receives a workshop manual.