Successful Cash Collection by Telephone - Online Training
"Overcome reluctance, build confidence & collect cash through cold calling"
The aim of this online workshop is to help staff achieve a greater appreciation of the importance of making proactive outbound calls and to become more effective in their ability to communicate and influence customers to pay debts using the telephone. Participants will learn the necessary skills of using the telephone to confidently deal with objections calmly. And to effectively negotiate to collect cash whilst maintaining positive customer relations.
Who Should Attend:
A practical and interactive online workshop, the course is designed for all staff involved in credit control and cash collection and need to make outgoing telephone calls to customers to collect cash.
After completing the workshop, each participant will be able to:
- Develop excellent communication skills and a systematic approach to cash collection
- Motivate debtors to pay – understand their motives and what they will gain by paying
- Apply the 5 steps of successful collection and think POWER even under pressure
- Understand why people won’t pay and apply various collection styles on each call
- Open each conversation with a clear objective of what you want to achieve
- Develop the necessary skills of persuasion so customer will want to pay
- Pre-empt customer responses and know how to handle them with the right tone of voice
- Work through each objection, negotiate and get a commitment on every call
- Differentiate between genuine problems and “excuses” and respond appropriately
- Learn to prioritise your time & methodically follow up on every call and commitment given
- The importance of planning and preparation & excellent communication skills for cash collection
- Understand why people won’t pay and know how to deal with each of them
- Have a positive attitude, create the right impression and get on the top payers list
- Learn to really listen to customers, ask the right questions to understand the situation
- Use the right tone of voice to persuade customers and maintain relations
- Distinguish between genuine objections & excuses – respond appropriately to quickly to real problems
- Guide the customer through each stage of the negotiation to get a commitment
- Manage different types of customers and difficult situations positively and assertively
- The importance of follow up calls for keeping a commitment and collect cash
- Manage your time, work through the numbers, keep a record and agree a course of action
Training is delivered online over two to four live classroom sessions (2.5 to 3 hours each) with discussions, exercises and break-out rooms using Zoom. Participants will be required to switch on their laptop video camera and microphone. All our online courses use a blend of online resources, virtual classroom and social learning. Up to 10 people can be included in online training courses.
This online training module can be part of a larger programme. It can be teamed with other topics (ie communication, customer service, sales or business writing) so training is extended over a longer period. For some of these longer programmes, there will be group discussions, exercises & feedback based on individual/group needs. Each participant receives a workshop manual.