Professional Telephone Skills - Online Training
"Building confidence with customers over the telephone"
The aim of this virtual course is to help staff develop a greater understanding of the importance of communicating effectively with customers using the telephone. Participants will learn the key ingredients required to build confidence with customers, whilst presenting a professional image at all times.
Who Should Attend:
A practical and interactive online workshop, the course is designed for staff, who talk to customers each day by telephone – includes general staff in customer service, administration, reception, accounts, order processing etc
After completing the workshop, each participant will be able to:
- Apply effective communication skills with customers on the telephone
- Build confidence with customers & create a great impression
- Ask questions assertively whilst portraying a helpful attitude
- Learn to really listen to customers and understand what they really need
- Respond to customers appropriately & talk in their language
- Be able to lead a conversation and wrap up a call effectively
- Professional telephone communication & etiquette
- The importance of creating a positive attitude & making first impressions
- The power of your voice for building confidence – it’s not what you say, it’s how you say it
- Active listening skills to develop trust & make a connection
- Ask the right questions & talk the customers language for last relations
- Know when and how to lead a call or finish up the conversation successfully
Training is delivered online in one to two live classroom session (2.5 to 3 hours) with discussions, exercises and break-out rooms using Zoom. Participants will be required to switch on their laptop video camera and microphone. All our online courses use a blend of online resources, virtual classroom and social learning. Up to 10 people can be included in online training courses.
This online training module can be part of a larger programme. It can be teamed with other topics (ie communication, customer service, sales or business writing) so training is extended over a longer period. For some of these longer programmes, there will be group discussions, exercises & feedback based on individual/group needs. Each participant receives a workshop manual.