Cold Calling & Appointment Making Skills - Online Training
"Overcome reluctance, build confidence & generate sales through cold calling"
The aim of this online workshop is to help sales staff achieve a greater appreciation of the importance of cold calling and to become more effective in their ability to influence and communicate with customers using the telephone to grow sales. The participants will gain a greater awareness of customer’s expectations, learning to develop the necessary skills in using the telephone to overcome reluctance, deal with rejection and effectively cold call to generate leads, make appointments and close sales.
Who Should Attend:
A practical and interactive online workshop, the course is designed for all sales staff that makes outgoing cold calls to customers and prospects as well as handling incoming sales enquiries and need to make follow up calls.
After completing the workshop, each participant will be able to:
- Overcome reluctance, handle rejection and create opportunities through cold calls
- Improve efficiency on the telephone through better preparation and planning
- Present a professional image, have the right attitude and build trust with the customer
- Talk to customers in their own language and with the right tone of voice
- Guide the customer effectively through each stage of the sales presentation
- Get the customers attention and engage in conversation using stimulating introductions
- Really listen to customers and pre-empt customers’ needs through skilful questioning
- Build a case, present the benefits and handle objections effectively
- Learn to recognise buying signals, know when to ask for the order and make the appointment
- Create slick sales scripts & follow up to win more sales and create happier customers
- Make cold calls with confidence, overcome reluctance and deal with reception
- Work the numbers to qualify leads and generate appointments
- The importance of a positive attitude to create great first impressions & build rapport
- Influence customers with your tone of voice – it’s not what we say, it’s how we say it
- Guide the customer through 4 steps of the sales cycle to generate the appointment/ sale
- Deliver the perfect pitch to grab the customers attention and engage them in conversation
- Get the customer talking & unravel their needs with skilful questioning & active listening skills
- Pre-empt and deal with objections, qualify the price & make the right recommendations
- Avoid overselling, recognise verbal buying signals and ask for the appointment/ order
- Create winning scripts, manage a schedule, take notes and analyse calls for ongoing improvement
Training is delivered online over two to five live classroom sessions (2.5 to 3 hours each) with discussions, exercises and break-out rooms using Zoom. Participants will be required to switch on their laptop video camera and microphone. All our online courses use a blend of online resources, virtual classroom and social learning. Up to 10 people can be included in online training courses.
This online training module can be part of a larger programme. It can be teamed with other topics (ie communication, customer service, sales or business writing) so training is extended over a longer period. For some of these longer programmes, there will be group discussions, exercises & feedback based on individual/group needs. Each participant receives a workshop manual.