Essential Email Etiquette Skills - Online Training
"Develop responsive and effective customer communications using email"
The aim of the workshop is to help staff gain a practical understanding of the importance of communicating effectively using email at all times. Participants will learn the principles of good email etiquette in order to portray a professional image, create a clear message and avoid misunderstandings.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for staff who wish to learn the appropriate email etiquette for communicating with customers and colleagues daily – includes general staff, customer service, administration, reception, sales, accounts, order processing etc
After completing the workshop, each participant will be able to:
- Manage email as an effective tool whilst understanding the strengths and weaknesses
- Create relevant, correctly formatted emails using the appropriate language, content and style
- Keep emails easy to follow with relevant subjects, email threads, notifications & signatures
- Reply to recipients courteously using the right approach, tone and level of urgency
- Follow company email policies, avoid legal and copyright issues, viruses and spam emails
- Show discretion & confidentiality copying, sending, forwarding emails or attaching documents
- The pros and cons of email – using it as an effective communications tool
- Manage email traffic, avoid stress & information overload, mistakes and misunderstandings
- Write clear & concise emails with the right structure, business English, grammar & punctuation
- The impact of using abbreviations, emoticons, textese, caps and slang in business
- Good protocol for sending or responding to emails, managing flames, anger and quick responses
- Impact of forwarding emails & sending attachments – copyright, confidentiality & permission
- Security issues with phishing emails & legal implications with libel email behaviour
Training is delivered online in one live classroom session (2.5 to 3 hours) with discussions, exercises and break-out rooms using Zoom. Participants will be required to switch on their laptop video camera and microphone. All our online courses use a blend of online resources, virtual classroom and social learning. Up to 10 people can be included in online training courses.
This online training module can be part of a larger programme. It can be teamed with other topics (ie communication, customer service, sales or business writing) so training is extended over a longer period. For some of these longer programmes, there will be group discussions, exercises & feedback based on individual/group needs. Each participant receives a workshop manual.