Effective Time Management - Online Training
"Take control of your time, increase productivity & achieve a better work-life balance"
The aim of this workshop is to help staff achieve a greater appreciation of the importance of taking control in managing their time so that they can get the best out of their day, increase productivity, reach their objectives and improve their work life balance. Participants learn the necessary skills to help them analyse their time, improve their daily activities using practical tools and by creating new habits to help them plan, prioritise, delegate their tasks daily.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for managers & staff who work in all areas of the business and need to manage their time effectively - customer service, administration, sales, reception, accounts, finance, IT, support, operations etc
After completing the workshop, each participant will be able to:
- Achieve more out of your day and obtain a better work life balance
- Distinguish between what’s urgent and what’s really important
- Assess tasks and commitments - identify time wasting activities and where you can save time
- Set clear and achievable goals and learn to plan properly with realistic time-lines
- Apply the 80/20 rule - focus on the top 20% activities that generate 80% of the results
- Create “to-do” lists to prioritise, schedule and control tasks
- Improve efficiencies and develop disciplines for managing email
- Learn to beat procrastination and make sound decisions
- Manage interruptions, avoid distractions, negotiate priorities and schedules with assertiveness
- Remain focused, protect your time, delegate more and learn to say “no” to “time-thieves”
- Key principles of time management for a better work-life balance
- Work smarter – not harder, identify common “time pitfalls” and learn how to save time
- The 80/20 rule – prioritise 20% of activities which yield an 80% result
- Distinguish between important and urgent, set realistic and achievable goals with SMART objectives
- Identify what’s important, develop a personal action plan and prioritise - monthly, weekly & daily
- Adopt a variety of tactics to “stay on top of your work” within realistic time-lines
- Tips for handling large volumes of email and staying focused organised
- Eliminate procrastination, avoid distractions & learn to make decisions
- Manage interruptions, deal with time thieves & say “NO” politely and delegate more effectively
- Communicate and negotiate priorities and deadlines & learn to switch off at the end of the day
Training is delivered online over two live classroom sessions (3 hours each) with discussions, exercises and break-out rooms using Zoom. Participants will be required to switch on their laptop video camera and microphone. All our online courses use a blend of online resources, virtual classroom and social learning. Up to 10 people can be included in online training courses.
This online training module can be part of a larger programme. It can be teamed with other topics (ie communication, customer service or sales) so training is extended over a longer period. For some of these programmes, there will be group discussions, exercises & feedback based on individual/group needs. Each participant receives a workshop manual.
**Participants are asked to carry out some pre-course work & bring a list of the work commitments to the workshop**