Effective Retail Sales Skills - Online Training
"Deliver a first-rate customer experience, build loyalty & increase sales"
The aim of this online workshop is to help frontline sales staff to build confidence, deliver a “first rate” customer experience and generate sales in a retail environment. Participants will learn the necessary skills to understand what motivates people to buy and become more effective in their ability to influence and communicate with customers, to ultimately meet and exceed expectations, build relations and increase sales.
Who Should Attend:
A practical and interactive online one-day workshop, the course is designed for all front-line sales staff working in retail, showroom or front-line sales.
After completing the workshop, each participant will be able to:
- Present a professional image and portray the right attitude for great first impressions
- Embrace the power of body language to get customers on-side & make a connection
- Approach customers with confidence and develop great rapport
- Manage large groups of people calmly even under pressure & use effective eye contact
- Really listen to customers and pre-empt customers’ needs using skilful questioning
- Talk to customers in their own language & guide them helpfully through each step of the sale
- Show discretion and tactfulness when helping customers make the right decision
- Build a case, create opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell, handle objections and qualify the price
- Learn to recognise buying signals and know when to ask for the order
- Build trust and provide a more personalised service generating happy and loyal customers
- The importance of first impressions to influence a customer
- Portray a powerful presence and the right attitude in the essential “meet and greet”
- Understand the power of body language and assertive behaviour in communication
- Essential and active listening skills, empathy & humour for building great rapport
- The art of using skilful questions to lead a conversation & unravel the customers’ needs
- Tone of voice – it’s not what we say, it’s how we say it
- Create and deliver the perfect sales pitch – talk benefits & speak the customers language
- Help customers make the right decisions - know when and how to up-sell/ cross-sell
- Handle objections fairly, qualify the price and deal with rejection
- How to avoid overselling, recognise verbal buying signals and ask for the order
Training is delivered online over two to four classroom sessions (3 hours each) with discussions, exercises and break-out rooms using Zoom. Participants will be required to switch on their laptop video camera and microphone. All our online courses use a blend of online resources, virtual classroom and social learning. Up to 10 people can be included in online training courses.
This online training module can be part of a larger programme. It can be teamed with other topics (ie communication, customer service or sales) so training is extended over a longer period. For some of these longer programmes, there will be group discussions, exercises & feedback based on individual/group needs. Each participant receives a workshop manual.