Customer Service & Telephone Complaint Handling - Online Training
"Build confidence with irate customers & resolve telephone complaints effectively"
The aim of this online workshop is to help staff develop a greater understanding of the importance of communicating effectively with customers over the telephone, especially when dealing with irate customers. Participants will learn how to deal with customer complaints in a caring, assertive and professional manner without reacting inappropriately; resulting in satisfied and loyal customers.
Who Should Attend:
A practical and interactive online workshop, the course is designed for staff, who talk to both internal and external customers each day by telephone – includes all levels of staff, customer service, technical support, administration, reception, frontline, accounts, retail, showroom, order processing etc.
After completing the workshop, each participant will be able to:
- Apply highly developed communication skills to deal with customers over the telephone
- Encourage customer feedback and make it easy for customers to complain
- Adjust your mind-set and avoid complacency by understanding the customer’s perspective
- Build confidence with customers, whilst portraying a helpful and friendly attitude
- Learn the importance of tone of voice to put customers at ease and create empathy
- Learn to really listen to customers, ask the right questions and lead the call
- Be assertive when dealing with different personalities and aggressive behaviour
- Avoid defensive behaviour and trigger words that irate customers even under pressure
- Deal with criticism, remain calm, speak clearly and defuse the situation
- Manage customer complaints and difficult situations in a confident and competent manner
- Keep promises, keep customers informed, meet expectations & respond quickly and effectively
- Communicating with customers on the telephone in a professional and personable manner
- A complaint is a gift – the opportunity to create a positive outcome
- The traffic lights philosophy for measuring a customer’s reaction
- Create great first impressions and apply the right attitude even under pressure
- Calm the customer, show empathy and really listen to customers
- The importance of tone of voice to build confidence and control the call
- Understand what customer’s really want - ask the right questions and verify
- Distinguish between what you can control and what you can influence for a positive outcome
- Deal with the 3 types of human behaviour – assertive, aggressive and submissive
- The effectives of defensive behaviour & trigger words that irate customers
- Work under pressure to defuse the situation – deal with criticism, remain calm & speak clearly
- Excel in service recovery – manage angry customers & awkward situations positively
Training is delivered online over two to four live classroom sessions (3 hours each) with discussions, exercises and break-out rooms using Zoom. Participants will be required to switch on their laptop video camera and microphone. All our online courses use a blend of online resources, virtual classroom and social learning. Up to 10 people can be included in online training courses.
This online training module can be part of a larger programme. It can be teamed with other topics (ie communication, customer service, sales or business writing) so training is extended over a longer period. For some of these longer programmes, there will be group discussions, exercises & feedback based on individual/group needs. Each participant receives a workshop manual.