Customer Service & Complaint Handling for Telephone & Email - Online Training
"Build confidence with customers, minimise complaints & deliver a great experience by phone or email"
The aim of this online workshop is to help staff develop a greater understanding of the importance of communicating effectively with customers both on the telephone and by email. Participants will learn to respond to and manage queries in a caring, assertive and professional manner without reacting inappropriately or cause the customer to become irritated; ensuring customer satisfaction. This includes both internal and external customers.
Who Should Attend:
A practical and interactive online workshop, the course is designed for people who communicate directly with internal and external customers by telephone, and email – includes all levels of staff, showroom, frontline, retail, customer service, yard assistants, technical support, administration, reception etc
After completing the workshop, each participant will be able to:
- Choose the most appropriate tool between telephone and email for customer communications
- Build confidence with customers, whilst portraying a helpful and friendly attitude
- See things through the eyes of the customer & prevent complacency
- Encourage customer feedback and make it easy for customers to complain
- Talk to customers in their own language - know what to say and how to say it
- Learn to really listen to customers, ask the right questions & show empathy
- Create relevant and well-structured emails applying the right language, style and approach
- Apply proper email etiquette and follow company email policies
- Be calm and assertive when dealing with different personalities and irate customers
- Avoid defensive behaviour and trigger words that irate customers even under pressure
- Resolve customer complaints and difficult situations in a confident and competent manner
- Keep promises, keep customers informed, meet expectations & respond quickly and effectively
- The importance of a positive attitude to build trust & create great impressions
- Think of a complaint as a gift – an opportunity to resolve complaints
- The traffic lights philosophy for measuring a customer’s reaction
- Distinguish between control and influence for a positive outcome
- Understand what customer’s really want - ask the right questions & listen intently
- Tone of voice – it’s not what we say, it’s how we say it
- Write clear and persuasive emails and apply the right style, tone and language
- Good protocol for responding to emails - manage flames, anger and quick responses
- Maintain confidentiality when forwarding or copying emails, or sending attachments
- Avoid trigger words & be assertive – the appropriate behaviour for interacting with customers
- Work under pressure to defuse difficult situations – deal with criticism, remain calm & show empathy
- Excel in service recovery management & always follow up - from complaint to satisfaction
Training is delivered online over two to four live classroom sessions (2.5 to 3 hours each) with discussions, exercises and break-out rooms using Zoom. Participants will be required to switch on their laptop video camera and microphone. All our online courses use a blend of online resources, virtual classroom and social learning. Up to 10 people can be included in online training courses.
This online training module can be part of a larger programme. It can be teamed with other topics (ie communication, customer service, sales or business writing) so training is extended over a longer period. For some of these longer programmes, there will be group discussions, exercises & feedback based on individual/group needs. Each participant receives a workshop manual.