Business Writing & Email Etiquette - Online Training
"Improve customer relations through enhanced written communication"
The aim of the workshop is to help staff develop first-rate business etiquette when communicating with customers using emails and other written communication tools such as letters. Participants will learn the principles of email etiquette. They will also gain an insight into essential skills required to plan and create written communication in a competent manner in order to portray a professional image.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for staff who regularly connect with customers using written communication such as email and letters – includes general staff in customer service, administration, reception, sales, accounts, order processing amongst others.
After completing the workshop, each participant will be able to:
- Identify the most appropriate tool for written communication
- Create clear and persuasive emails to instill confidence and influence customers
- Write relevant and well-structured letters applying the right language, style and approach
- Apply proper business etiquette in the use of language, punctuation and grammar
- Good protocols for managing emails & letters – keeping them relevant and easy to follow
- Reply to customers courteously and professionally with the right tone and level of urgency
- Maintain confidentiality with attachments, forwarding or copying emails & libel comments
- Build trust with customers with highly developed business English for all correspondence
- Choosing the right tool & applying the appropriate behaviour for writing to customers
- The importance of first impressions to deal with sensitive topics & influence customers
- Define your objective, apply the right approach, style and structure to your writing
- Creating professional and personalised letters & emails - the right style, content and language
- Apply essential business English – the correct use of language grammar, punctuation etc
- Write clearly and persuasively to attract customers, instil confidence and maintain interest
- Etiquette sending, receiving & forwarding emails - subjects, attachments, notifications & signatures
- Managing confidentiality, security & legal implications and responding in a timely manner
Training is delivered online over two live classroom sessions (2.5 to 3 hours each) with discussions, exercises and break-out rooms using Zoom. Participants will be required to switch on their laptop video camera and microphone. All our online courses use a blend of online resources, virtual classroom and social learning. Up to 10 people can be included in online training courses.
This online training module can be part of a larger programme. It can be teamed with other topics (ie communication, customer service or sales) so training is extended over a longer period. For some of these longer programmes, there will be group discussions, exercises & feedback based on individual/group needs. Each participant receives a workshop manual.