Meet the Team - Karen Sommerville
Based between Wicklow and Dublin, Call Focus is headed up by Karen Sommerville, a competent communications, sales, direct marketing and customer relations specialist.
With over 25 years’ experience in various sales and marketing roles, Karen has worked across a number of industry sectors in direct and distribution sales. She has over 20 years’ experience in the outsourced telemarketing industry, as well as the IT, Telecoms and direct marketing industry – serving customers in both the business and consumer markets.
As the principle trainer at Call Focus, Karen is best known for the popular “Cold Calling & Appointment Making”, “Customer Service & Complaint Handling”, “Effective Telephone Sales”, “Cash Collection by Telephone” training workshops. Other popular courses include "Sales Planning & Lead Generation”, “Time Management” and “Make the Most of Your Contacts” which have been specifically designed for SME’s in Ireland. She also speaks regularly on these topics at seminars and conferences.
Karen’s delivery and training style is very energetic, practical, and interactive; with exercises and discussions focused around participant’s real life situations and business needs. As a result, she regularly achieves satisfaction ratings exceeding 85% on training programmes.
In order to continue to deliver quality and innovative training, Karen completed an NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) Licenced Practitioner course in 2017. She also participated in the train the trainer programme in European "Consumer Ready Law".
In short, Karen is an established trainer for many different Skillnet groups, Local Enterprise Offices, Business Associations and educational bodies as well as a number of private clients. Karen is also an Associate Member of the Institute of Management Consultants and Advisors, a member of the Marketing Institute and a business mentor for Enterprise Ireland and several local enterprise offices. For more details check out Karen's profile on LinkedIn
- B.A. (Hons) Degree in Business Studies - Dublin Business School (John Moore’s University)
- Certificate in Advertising - College of Commerce DIT & Joint Advertising Education Committee
- Certificate in Applications Programming 417 - City & Guilds of London Institute
- Certificate in Continuing Education - NUI Maynooth (1st class honors)
- Special award (HETAC 7) in Managing and Mentoring People - LIT Letterkenny
- NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) Licenced Practitioner
- Completed the “Train the Trainer” in European Consumer Law